Nominate for the 2014 Sports Awards
This news article was published more than a year ago. Some of the information may no longer be accurate.
There is just over one week left to nominate for the 2014 South Gloucestershire Council Sports Awards.
The annual event recognises the achievement, dedication and contribution of local people involved in playing, coaching and organising sport across South Gloucestershire.
The closing date for nominations is Sunday 19 October. If you know someone who deserves to be recognised for their achievements please visit www.southglos.gov.uk/sportsawards to nominate them.
Award categories this year include:
- Sportsperson of the year
- Young sportsperson of the year
- Sports volunteer of the year
- Professional coach of the year
- Community coach of the year
- Young coach of the year
- Club of the year
- Contribution to inclusive sport
- James Clifford Memorial award
- Personal achievement award
- Lifetime contribution award
South Gloucestershire Schools are also getting the chance to nominate for our new school based awards in the following categories:
- Primary School of the year
- Secondary School of the year
- Staff member of the year (Primary and Secondary)
- School sports volunteer of the year (Primary and Secondary)
The awards evening will take place at the BAWA Club in Filton on Thursday 4 December at 7.30pm and will be hosted by BBC Radio Bristol’s Geoff Twentyman.
The 2014 South Gloucestershire Council Sports Awards are sponsored by Airbus in the UK and the Active Partnership. For more information, details of award criteria and to make your nomination visit www.southglos.gov.uk/sportsawards or email email@example.com
Is there anything wrong with this page?