Have your say at Area Forum meetings
This news article was published more than a year ago. Some of the information may no longer be accurate.
The next round of Area Forum meetings are in November/early December and residents are encouraged to come along to have a say on local decision-making.
All Area Forum meetings include an open session for members of the public to put questions to councillors and officers on any matter in their area, so why not come along and join in the debate on the following dates and locations:
- The Chase – Monday 17 November, 7pm, Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Kingswood
- Southern Brooks – Tuesday 18 November, 7pm, Abbeywood Community School
- Kings Forest – Monday 24 November, 7pm, Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Kingswood
- Frome Vale – Thursday 27 November, 7pm, Chipping Sodbury Town Hall
- Severn Vale – Wednesday 3 December, 7pm, Turnberries Community Centre, Thornbury.
On the agenda for this round of meetings will be information about the council’s budget consultation, applications for the Positive Activities Subsidy (PAS) grants programme and New Homes Bonus (NHB) grant allocations. The Forums will also be asked to identify local area highway maintenance priorities, selected from the Local Transport Maintenance Options list.
In addition, the Southern Brooks and Frome Vale Area Forums will be considering objections received following the public advertisement of local transport schemes.
The next round of meetings will take place in February and March. If you would like to receive details of meetings in your area contact Democratic Services on 01454 864425 or visit www.southglos.gov.uk/areaforum
Further information regarding grant funding is available on 01454 865865 or www.southglos.gov.uk/grants
Is there anything wrong with this page?