Be safe, be seen as nights draw in
This news article was published more than a year ago. Some of the information may no longer be accurate.
In order to be visible at all times, road users are advised to:
· Wear bright or fluorescent clothing in daylight or poor light
· Wear reflective clothing at night as it shows up in vehicle headlights. (Fluorescent clothing is not so visible after dark.)
· Always use lights after dark, in the rain or if the weather is overcast or reduced visibility
· Remember that it is illegal to ride a bicycle on the road with no lights after dark. (White lights at the front and red at the rear.)
· Check that all lights are in good working order.
It is also a good time to:
· Check that windscreen wipers are fit for purpose
· Check tyres – remember that the minimum tread is not as efficient as a deeper tread for dispersing water and aiding road holding and braking
· Check helmets are in good condition.
The council’s Road Safety team is working in partnership with Avon and Somerset Police to remind all road users to be safe and be seen at this time of year when historically the number of road collisions increases.
Is there anything wrong with this page?
This form is for feedback about our website, not questions or comments about our services.
Follow this link to make a compliment or complaint. For anything else you can contact us here.