Skip to main content

Get ready for Brexit. Information on how we are preparing for Brexit in South Gloucestershire.

Advertisement consent

You may need to apply for advertisement consent to display an advertisement bigger than 0.3 square metres on the front of or outside your property. So you are unlikely to need consent for a sign with your house name or number on it or even a sign saying ‘Beware of the Dog’.

Temporary notices up to 0.6 square metres relating to local events, such as fetes and concerts, may be displayed for a short period. There are different rules for estate agents’ boards but, in general, these should not be bigger than 0.5 square metres.

The advertisement control system covers a very wide range of advertisements and signs including;

  • posters and notices
  • placards and boards
  • fascia signs and projecting signs
  • pole signs and canopy signs
  • models and devices
  • advance signs and directional signs
  • estate agent boards
  • captive balloon advertising (not balloons in flight)
  • flag advertisements
  • price markers and price displays
  • traffic signs
  • town and village name signs

Further advice can be found in the guide ‘Outdoor advertisements and signs: a guide’. OrĀ visitĀ

Is there anything wrong with this page?