Business and commercial waste
Business and commercial waste includes waste from premises that are used either wholly or predominantly for trade, business, sport, recreation or entertainment including waste produced by a business in the home. It does not include household or industrial waste.
Examples of business waste:
- waste produced at households by builders and contractors
- waste collected from a household by commercial organisations for payment
- waste from a household brought to site by anybody other than the householder
- waste from rented properties collected by the landlord or his agents
- waste from business activities conducted at home including childminding, accountancy, salon etc.
- any other commercial or industrial waste as defined by the Controlled Waste Regulations 1992
If the waste you produce comes under one or more of these, then you have a legal duty to ensure it is dealt with as commercial waste. Business and commercial waste should not be put into household waste and recycling bins or to any of our four Sort It recycling centres.
Providers of licensed commercial waste collections can be found through online search engines or local telephone directory. It is your legal duty to ensure that the waste is collected by a licensed waste carrier to ensure that it is disposed of correctly.
You can dispose of commercial waste in South Gloucestershire, you can take it to one of the two transfer stations operated by SUEZ that are located next to the Sort It recycling centres at Mangotsfield and Yate.
South Gloucestershire Council can arrange for a commercial waste collection by a registered waste carrier but will make a 20% administration charge.
Is there anything wrong with this page?