Spring Clean 2020
The Spring Clean was cancelled due to the outbreak of Covid-19 so this year we supported the Keep Britain Tidy September Clean from Friday 11 to Sunday 27 September 2020.
If you weren’t able to take part in the September Clean, but still want to help clean up your neighbourhood you can contact our Street Cleansing team to borrow litter picking equipment at email@example.com.
If you organise a litter picking group, stay safe and protect others by following all Covid-19 restrictions:
- You should litter pick on your own, or in a group of no more than six people. We can provide equipment for up to six people.
- Free gloves and refuse bags will be available and groups can borrow litter pickers and hoops. We can only lend equipment once during the campaign, and we have a limited number of litter pickers and bag hoops so items will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 or having to self-isolate should not litter pick.
- While litter picking, please stay a safe distance away from group members who are not part of your household, or other people using the area.
- Do not share equipment with other group members unless it has been sanitised between uses.
- Good hand hygiene has always been an important part of litter picking, so ensure you have hand sanitiser, and wash your hands thoroughly after your event.
- Return equipment to us in a bag (a bin bag will do) and tie the bag closed.
- Read the guidance on how to take part safely from Keep Britain Tidy before your event and ensure that everyone attending understands these safety measures. https://www.keepbritaintidy.org/get-involved/support-our-campaigns/great-british-spring-clean/coronavirus-guidance
You can take your rubbish bags to your local Sort It recycling centre. It is much easier to separate recyclable and non-recyclable litter into different sacks during your tidy up rather than after. Clear plastic bags are available to separate cans and plastic bottles for recycling. For more information about recycling, visit www.southglos.gov.uk/sortit
Alternatively, we can collect the bags from your event. You will need to arrange a location with us for the removal of the rubbish.Is there anything wrong with this page?