Skip to main content

Adult social care and public health complaints

The statutory complaints procedure for adult social care and public health is a two stage procedure:

  • consideration by the council and then
  • independent review by the local government ombudsman.

We will agree an individual complaint plan with you setting out who will investigate your complaint and by when.

Where appropriate we will work with other services or organisations involved in your care to jointly investigate and respond to your complaint. For example, if the complaint also relates to a service we commission or it is about how we worked with our health partners in planning your discharge from hospital.

You can have support to make your complaint from a relative, friend or advocate.

You can find out more by downloading the factsheet ‘Your Feedback Counts’ (CCH82) which contains a copy of our feedback form.

If you wish to talk with us about your complaint then you can phone the complaints and FoI team on 01454 865924 or you can email us at

All registered adult social care provider complaints are considered by the local government ombudsman whether they are commissioned by the council or you are funding the service yourself. You can find out more about the local government ombudsman’s service from their website.

Is there anything wrong with this page?