Skip to main content

Housing benefit overpayments

If we pay you too much benefit we will send you a letter letting you know this. You will have to return the money.

You can do this by paying:

  • At any post office in Great Britain. Payment must be made by a personal visit using the barcode printed on the front of your invoice. Post offices accept payment by cash, cheque or debit card free of charge. Cheques must be made payable to ‘Post Office Ltd’. Please keep all receipts as proof of payment. If you do not have a barcode on your invoice or you would like a replacement one please telephone 01454 865312
  • By cheque by post – made payable to South Gloucestershire Council
  • By standing order – please telephone 01454 865312 to request details of how to pay by standing order
  • Or online through this website

Please remember to quote your invoice number when making a payment (this ensures the credit goes directly to your account) and make sure that you leave enough time for your payment to reach your account.

Is there anything wrong with this page?