If you propose to occupy or open part of a road (i.e. carriageway, footway, footpath or cycle path), there is a requirement to obtain permission from the local roads authority by applying for the relevant permit.
Please make sure you read the relevant conditions for the type of license you require before completing the application form. In some circumstances it may be necessary for us to turn down applications because the proposed site is considered to be potentially hazardous. In these cases the fee remains non-refundable.
Where practicable, skips should be placed within property boundaries. If you would like to hire a skip to be placed on private land, i.e. in a front garden, then no licence is required.
Road occupation – in connection with building work
Includes cranes, cherry pickers, building materials, scaffolding, hoarding, porta cabins and huts
- Application to occupy the road in connection with building work
- Application to extend or renew a permit to occupy the road in connection with building work
- Application to change a permit to occupy the road in connection with building work
Includes bridges, canopies, banners, wires and signs
- Application to place a structure projecting over the highway
- Application to change a structure over the highway
Road opening – Section 50
Is there anything wrong with this page?