Child in car safety
It is vital that parents ensure that children are securely fitted into child seats or seat belts on every journey.
It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that children are securely belted in when travelling by car and that a child under twelve years of age or under 135cm in height is using the correct child restraint.
CarSeatSmarter is an free online course which takes less than 45 minutes to complete, consisting of six modules to help you keep your child safe when travelling in a car www.carseatsmarter.co.uk
Our road safety team, in partnership with Avon and Somerset Police, will be holding free child car seat checks during the summer. Come along to make sure that your car seat is fitted correctly.
Upcoming check days in 2020
These dates are currently under review due to the cornavirus (COVID-19) situation.
- Tuesday 9 June at Yate Fire Station, Station Road, Yate, BS37 4AL
- Tuesday 7 July – location to be confirmed
- Tuesday 13 October at Thornbury Fire Station, Gloucester Road, Thornbury BS35 1HJ
Times will be 8:30am to 4pm
Our road safety team is available to give presentations on child car seat safety to groups with a minimum of 10 people.
If you are interested, please contact email@example.com
i-Size are the regulations for child car seats. Parents should familiarise themselves with the requirements to keep their children safe.
i-Size makes travelling in a car with your child safer because:
- your child should be kept rear facing until they are 15 months old
- the age, weight and height of your child is used
- Isofix seats should be used which are easier to fit
- your child is protected from side impact
- greater protection is given to your child’s head, neck and vital organs
For more information, visit the i-Size website.Is there anything wrong with this page?