Bikeability in school holidays
We offer free school holiday cycle training courses, see below the details on each session.
You can find out which Bikeability training session is most appropriate for you and/or your child as follows.
Bikeability Learn to Ride is for children who are unable to cycle, including older children and adults who have never mastered the skill. This training session is aimed at children in the school year 3 and above.
Level One riders learn to control and master their bikes in a space away from traffic such as a playground or closed car park. Riders will usually be trained in a group. Session time 2 hours and for school year 3 and above.
Level Two takes place on local streets, giving riders a real cycling experience. Riders learn how to deal with traffic on short journeys. Session time 7.5 hours and for children in the school year 5 and above.
Level Three equips riders with skills for more challenging roads and traffic situations – busier streets, queuing traffic and complex junctions. Session time 4 hours and for children in the school year 7 and above. Please note that children will be required to have completed level two before they can undertake level three.
Bikeability Ride is aimed at secondary school children who have taken part in level two upwards with an aim to incorporate quiet roads and shared paths which young people are likely to use when getting about in their local area. The ride distance is approximately 5 – 7miles and the session will last for approx. 90 minutes.
- all elements of the course must be achieved to a competent, confident and consistent standard to gain the Bikeability standard
- the sessions are incremental, so if a trainee misses a session they may not be able to continue on to the next session
- all trainees must have a signed and completed consent form
- trainees must have and be able to ride a roadworthy bicycle
- trainees must have a properly fitted cycle helmet
- all instructors are DBS checked and work for the council’s road safety team
- Bikeability certificates are awarded to all trainees who successfully complete the course
All courses are subject to a minimum number of children attending on the date. Locations of training may vary according to availability.
To book a session email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which session from the below list you are interested to attend.
Bradley Stoke Community School, Fiddlers Wood Lane, BS32 9BS
Learn to Ride Tue 29 Oct 9am – 10.30am and 11am – 12.30pm
Level 1 Tue 29 Oct 9am – 11.00am
Level 2 Mon 28 Oct 9am – 1pm
Level 2 Tue 29 Oct 9am – 1pm
Downend School Westerleigh Road, Downend BS16 6XA
Level 1 Tue 29 Oct 9am – 11am
Level 2 Tue 29 Oct 9am – 1pm
Level 2 Wed 30 Oct 9am – 1pm
Level 3 Thurs 31 Oct 9am – 1pm
For more information please email email@example.comIs there anything wrong with this page?