Skip to main content

Our online services for planning, building control and licensing applications will be unavailable tomorrow from 12pm to 2pm, Saturday 3 December. This is due to essential maintenance.

Bus stops and shelters

The council as the Highway Authority decide where bus stops and shelters should go taking into account considerations of road safety, bus operations and the convenience of passengers.

We are also responsible for maintaining and updating the timetable information at stops.

Not all bus shelters are owned and maintained by us. Some shelters are the responsibility of parish and town councils, others might be privately owned.

Reporting damage to a bus stop or shelter

To notify us of damage to bus shelters/bus stops or missing/incorrect timetables please give us

  • the exact location of the shelter/stop,
  • a description of the problem
  • if possible the unique 8 digit identification number which is located on the bus shelter.

This will help us to deal with your enquiry as quickly and efficiently as possible. If the shelter is parish or town council owned you can report that direct to that organisation.

Details of the contact points for us or town and parish councils can be found on the right hand side of this page.

Reporting damage to a bus shelter

Bus shelters are provided and maintained by various organisations. These are;

  • Town and Parish Councils
  • South Gloucestershire Council
  • Clear Channel (mainly shelters that have advertising panels)
  • Supermarkets
  • Metrobus

Please notify us of damage to bus shelters so that the details can be relayed to the shelter owner and repairs arranged.

Requesting a new bus stop

If you would like an additional bus stop installed along a particular route, please contact us. We will liaise with the relevant stakeholders to determine if a new stop can be sited in a safe and suitable location.

Requesting a new bus shelter

If you want a new shelter in an area that is parished, please contact the parish or town council in the first instance. For shelter requests in the Kingswood (unparished) area please contact South Gloucestershire Council.

Is there anything wrong with this page?