Yate HGV study
An independent study of Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) movements in the Yate area has been carried out to assess the suitability of various classified roads being used as an HGV route between Yate and the M4 and M5 motorways.
We commissioned consultants CH2MHILL to carry out this comprehensive study which investigated six routes:
- Latteridge route: B4059/B4427 between B4058 Bristol Road and A38
- Winterbourne route: B4058 Bristol Road between B4059 and A4174 at Hambrook
- Rangeworthy route: B4058/B4059 between B4059 and M5 Junction 14
- Badminton Road route: A432 Badminton Road between the South Gloucestershire Council offices and A4174 Wick Wick roundabout
- Old Sodbury route: A432 between Smarts Green roundabout and M4 Junction 18 at Tormarton
- Yate Town Centre through route: B4059/A432 Stover Road/Yate Road/Iron Acton Way/Goose Green Way/Link Road/Kennedy Way/Cotswold Way
The study was carried out in response to concerns raised by local communities about the environmental impact HGVs are having on the six routes listed above.
Previous to this study the council had carried out video surveys and consultation with residents and HGV operators.
The council has noted the results of this study, which has concluded that we maintain the status quo. The study has confirmed that implementing any measures to restrict HGV movements on any individual route would have a negative impact on one or more of the other routes listed.Is there anything wrong with this page?