Core highway and street scene services
The core standard for highway and street scene services is provided to all areas of South Gloucestershire.
It includes all the essential services we are legally required to provide such as:
- maintaining the highway network (roads, paths, streetlights, traffic signals and road signs) in a safe, clean and usable condition
- cutting grass on highways land for visibility and safety (typically twice during the growing season)
- maintaining trees and hedges that are within the highway boundary
- maintaining highway structures, drains and street furniture such as bollards, benches and signs
- clearing areas of free of litter, weeds, graffiti, fly posting and fly tipping
- responding to emergencies to ensure safety and keep the road network moving
- providing a winter maintenance service to keep the highway clear of snow and ice
Please see our detailed Frequently Asked Questions for further information about our approach to localism, the core standard and the provision of enhanced highway and street scene services by parish and town councils.Is there anything wrong with this page?