Skip to main content

Our council tax (01454 868003) and benefits (01454 868002) telephone lines are currently unavailable. Please call 01454 868009 instead and you will be redirected to the correct service area. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will let you know once this has been resolved.

Request new yellow line road markings

The law states that if we want to paint new single or double yellow lines, or extend an existing section, we need to issue a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO). That is because yellow lines have legal implications. Road users who do not comply with them might be committing a traffic offence. Getting a TRO┬átakes a great deal of time – often more than a year. We have to consult bodies like the emergency services and advertise the proposals so that people can make objections. ┬áThis means we do not have the resources to carry out this process for single sites. However, if you think there is a good case for yellow lines in your area, please write to us. We will keep your request on file, and look into it the next time there is a traffic management review of your area.


Department for Environment and Community Services, PO Box 1954, Bristol BS37 0DD

Is there anything wrong with this page?