Note that due to a change of phone system our pitch conditions hotline is currently unavailable. We are working to get this up and running again as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience.
There are many opportunities to play different types of sports in South Gloucestershire’s parks. Some of the following facilities are used by clubs, but many are open to the public too.
Sports pitch maintenance and management review
We are currently consulting on proposals to transfer the management and maintenance of a number of sports pitches and playing fields to local community organisations.
We are looking at how we provide services that are sustainable and will meet the needs of local people, now and in the future.
This measure is designed to bring the buildings into community management, ensuring their availability for other users, including nursery and play groups for example, and to ensure pitches are available for league fixtures and training, etc.
Pitch conditions for Saturday 2 May until further notice
Due to the current Government guidance regarding COVID-19, sports fixtures are no longer permitted at this time. Do not attempt to play on any pitches.
This page is normally updated every Friday. If the information hasn’t been updated by 4pm it may be due to technical problems. If this is the case the information is also available via our pitch condition hotline on 01454 865851.
|Page Park||One senior football pitch, two 9v9 football pitches, one cricket square, a pavilion, tennis courts with floodlights and a pavilion, and a bowling greens with a pavilion.|
|Kingswood Park||Tennis courts and one flat bowling green with a pavilion.|
Cricket and football pitches are hired out to clubs on a seasonal basis. However you may be able to hire them on occasional dates. Please email SportsPitchBookings@Southglos.gov.uk for more information or telephone our Contact Centre on 01454 868000.
Bowling greens are hired out to bowling clubs on a seasonal basis. However, one rink at each green is available for public use. They are booked through the bowling clubs during the season. For Kingswood Park, phone 01179 322 239. For Page Park, phone 01179 575 113.
It is free to use tennis courts (Page Park and Kingswood Park) on an ad hoc basis. However priority is given to those who have made a block booking in advance, for which there is a hourly charge for the use of the courts. The minimum charge for block bookings is equivalent to one court for six hours with a notice period of at least two working days. For further information or to make a booking please email SportsPitchBookings@Southglos.gov.uk for more information or telephone our Contact Centre on 01454 868000.
Charges – from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
These fees may be subject to VAT.
- Adults – Senior pitches £86.30 per match – includes the pitch, posts and use of the pavilion. Teams must supply their own nets and corner flags
- Youth Teams – Senior & Junior pitches £43.30 per match – includes the pitch, posts and use of the pavilion. Teams must supply their own nets and corner flags
- 9v9 – £27.10 per match – includes the pitch only. Teams must supply their own goals, nets and corner flags.
- Under-10s (7v7) pitches – £21.70 per match – includes the pitch only. Teams must supply their own goals, nets and corner flags.
- Adults – £89.00 per match – Includes the pitch and the pavilion with the use of a kitchen area. Teams must supply their own stumps, scoreboard and tea making equipment
- Juniors – £44.60 per match – Includes the pitch and the pavilion with the use of a kitchen area. Teams must supply their own stumps, scoreboard and tea making equipment
- Adults – £8.60 (no floodlights) per court per hour, £12.80 (with floodlights) per court per hour. VAT may also apply.
- Juniors – £4.60 (no floodlights) per court per hour, £8.50 (with floodlights) per court per hour. VAT may also apply.
- 6 month permit – off peak (Oct-Mar) (single site, 6 hours per week max) – £146.80
- 6 month permit – peak (Apr-Sept) (single site, 6 hours per week max) – £185.10
- 12 month permit – flat rate (single site, 6 hours per week max) – £293.60