South Gloucestershire Heritage Partnership meetings
The first heritage partnership meeting was held on 20 April, bringing together South Gloucestershire officers and councillors with members of the heritage community, parish councils and other relevant bodies to share information on what is happening in the heritage sector within South Gloucestershire. It was also an opportunity for us to listen to people’s views and concerns about heritage in order that it can build this into future planning of services
At the meeting, a number of council members suggested that a partnership meeting be held to ensure that new South Gloucestershire members and parish councillors are aware of the range of heritage services we provide. The museums and heritage officer, organised the programme of a meeting on 10 September 2015 and officers were invited too.
One of the 25 people attending commented ‘Very interesting presentations yesterday afternoon – fascinating stuff…. I look forward to receiving the presentations – gives me lot to catch up on!’ We have added the presentations to the South Gloucestershire website to provide access to those who attended and members of the public who are interested in heritage.
A third heritage partnership meeting was held on 8 October to look at how the South Gloucestershire heritage sector can develop links and work with learning organisations. The event was open to anyone who has an interest in the heritage of South Gloucestershire and 32 people attended. The presentations for this meeting are also available here.
Heritage Partnership meetings will take place once or twice a year to provide updates on the range of heritage services and projects in South Gloucestershire. The agendas and presentations will be placed on the web site here to provide access for all.
If you have a project you would like to promote at the next meeting or have any questions about the content, please contact us.
Meetings and presentations
- Aerospace Bristol Developing a Conservation workshop slides
- Brandy Bottom Recent developments and plans for the site presentation slides
- River Frome Connected presentation slides
- This is your heritage, stories from the Indian community webpage
- Researching black history in South Gloucestershire resources
- Climate emergency heritage meeting (PowerPoint presentation)
- Indian stories project and discussion about slavery (PowerPoint presentation)
- Meeting discussion notes
- WW2 memories
- WW2 stories evaluation leaflet
- Cultural strategy
- River Frome Reconnected
- South West Heritage Trust Network overview
- South West Association of Preservation Trusts
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn
- A forgotten landscape (PowerPoint presentation)
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn (PowerPoint presentation)
- Bristol and Bath Cultural Destinations (PowerPoint presentation)
- Gloucestershire County History Trust – Victoria County History (PowerPoint presentation)
- Evoke Reminiscence Project – Gloucestershire Archives (PowerPoint presentation)
- Thornbury Heritage Trail (PowerPoint presentation)
- Page Park Community Involvement
- Page Park activities plan
- Know your place heritage forum
- Industrial Heritage Partnership Support Network (PowerPoint presentation)
- WW1 Twitter fictional story
- South West Museum Development Programme – social media and the potential benefits for heritage organisations
- Social media quiz
- Social media programme
- Glenside hospital (PowerPoint presentation)
- Social media day evaluation
- Engaging audiences digitally at Corinium museum (PowerPoint presentation)