Open Access terms and conditions
Full details and times – look for the Open Access heading.
Registered Open Access users are subject to the following terms and conditions of use.
Terms and conditions of use
- you need to be a current library member and aged 16 years or over
- you must have no history of misusing library services in the last year
- do not let anyone else use your library card to access the library or share your PIN
- each adult must be a registered Open Access user to enter the library outside staffed hours
- all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or carer at all times who will be responsible for their safety
- doors open when anyone walks towards them from inside, so please be vigilant if you have young children with you
- from your child’s 16th birthday, they should complete an induction and register for Open Access in their own name
- when entering or leaving the library, please take all reasonable steps to ensure no one else enters at the same time
- you will be held responsible for the behaviour of anyone you intentionally allow in – if others have entered outside of your control and you are uncomfortable either leave the library, use the red help phone (details below) or phone the contact centre on 01454 868006 in staffed hours or the Bristol Monitoring centre on 01454 868009 out of staffed hours
- make sure you leave the library (with all belongings) as directed by the pre-recorded messages and dimming of lights when the service close – you will receive a verbal warning 15 and 5 minutes before the library is due to close and lights will start to be switched off
- any loanable item taken from the library must be borrowed through the self-service kiosks
- please use all equipment and services responsibly and respect others using the space
- as staff are not present other people may be using the library but are unable to assist you – individual staff members may appear, especially in the morning to set the library up and again may not be able to help
- groups such as Community Learning IT sessions will continue to use the library during Open Access hours
- use of the library when unstaffed is at your own risk, please consider any health or other issues that need to be taken into account
- for your safety CCTV is installed with 24/7 images recorded
We will record your use as part of the NHS Test and Trace requirement.
We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions as required and will notify registered Open Access users via email and update our website at www.southglos.gov.uk/OpenAccess
Is there anything wrong with this page?