Open Access terms and conditions
All of our libraries are now closed until further notice, including the out of hours system – Open Access.
eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital magazines are still available to library members online Find us on Facebook and Twitter to keep in touch.
Registered Open Access users are subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
- you need to be a current library member and aged 16 years or over
- you must have no history of misusing library services in the last year
- do not let anyone else use your library card to access the library or share your PIN
- each adult must be a registered Open Access user to enter
- you must be a registered Open Access user to enter the library outside of staffed hours
- all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or carer at all times
- from the child’s 16th birthday they should complete an induction and register for Open Access in their own name
- when entering or leaving the library please take all reasonable steps to ensure no one else enters at the same time. You will be held responsible for the behaviour of anyone you intentionally allow in
- make sure you leave the library as directed by the pre-recorded messages and dimming of lights when the service closes
- any loanable item taken from the library must be borrowed through the self-service kiosks
- please use all equipment and services responsibly and respect others using the space
- as staff are not present, other people may be using the library but are unable to assist you
- groups will continue to use the library during Open Access hours
- use of the library when unstaffed is at your own risk, there is CCTV installed for your safety; which monitors the library 24/7 with images recorded.There is a customer help phone.
- we reserve the right to update these terms and conditions as required, and will notify registered users via email and update our website at www.southglos.gov.uk/OpenAccess
For data protection information visit Libraries West: bit.ly/LWDataProtectionIs there anything wrong with this page?