Open Access induction
All of our libraries are now closed until further notice, including the out of hours system – Open Access.
eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital magazines are still available to library members online Find us on Facebook and Twitter to keep in touch.
To become a registered Open Access user you first need to join South Gloucestershire libraries. Then you will need to enhance your membership by completing a one-off Open Access induction. Book your Open Access induction here.
On completion of your induction your library membership will be enhanced to enable use of any South Gloucestershire library with Open Access. Please familiarise yourself with emergency exits when using a different library. Terms and conditions apply, min. age 16 years.
The induction will last approximately 20-30 minutes, and it will cover:
- the door access panel and how to use it with your existing library membership card
- tour of library, equipment and services available
- how the library closes at the end of an Open Access session and what warnings to expect
- what to do in an emergency including location of emergency exits, position of customer help phone and how to use it
- how to leave comments/queries for staff
Important – Please remember to bring to your induction session: your library membership card and proof of address such as a driving licence, recent utility bill, bank or credit card statement which is no more than three months old.Is there anything wrong with this page?