Information and advice surgeries
- South Gloucestershire councillors: Emersons Green Library 1st Saturday of every month 11am to 1pm
- Councillor surgery drop in: Filton Library every Saturday 9:30am to 10:30am
- Emersons Green Library, Tuesdays 3pm to 6pm
RNIB Technology for Life – by appointment only
- Technology support for blind and partially sighted people takes place at Yate Library on Wednesday afternoons by appointment only. For more information visit the RNIB Technology for Life website or contact the RNIB Technology for Life team by email: email@example.com or phone: 0303 123 9999
Employment and learning
- Learn Direct employment and learning advice. Yate Library, Wednesdays by appointment only. Contact 0117 3297744 to book.
- One-to-one sessions with a volunteer, appointment only. Various libraries: contact Filton Library, Patchway Library or Thornbury Library to book.
- Yate Library, 1st Saturday of every month 9:30am to 1pm. Appointment only, provided free by solicitors Bevan Evemy. Contact them directly on 0333 3208600 to make an appointment.
Memory / reminiscence
- Sporting Memories: A friendly group meeting monthly to reminisce about the sporting greats and days gone by. Downend Library, monthly on a Friday 11am – 12:30, with free refreshments
- Memory Café: A social space for people worried about their memory, who have a diagnosis of dementia or have a family member or friend living with dementia. Carers very welcome. Socialise and share experiences.
Emersons Green, 2nd Thursday of every month 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Filton Library, 4th Thursday of every month 10:30am to 12 midday
- Hanham Library once every month: contact Hanham Library for details
- Bradley Stoke Library: contact Bradley Stoke Library for details
- Volunteer Bureau drop-in session: Filton Library, 3rd Thursday of every month 10am to 12 midday. Come and meet your local advisor for an informal chat
- Volunteering Kingswood: for anyone interested in volunteering in the Kingswood area. Kingswood Library, Thursdays 1pm to 3pm