Information and advice surgeries
We are pleased to be able to offer most services at 11 libraries in a safe environment. Find out more
Our regular groups and activities will not be taking place until further notice
- South Gloucestershire councillors: Emersons Green Library 1st Saturday of every month 11am to 1pm
- Councillor surgery drop in: Filton Library 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month 9:30am to 10:30am (Labour). Filton Library 1st and last Monday of every month 4:30 – 5:30pm (Conservative)
- Emersons Green Library, Tuesdays 3pm to 6pm
RNIB Technology for Life – by appointment only
- Technology support for blind and partially sighted people takes place at Yate Library on Wednesday afternoons by appointment only. For more information visit the RNIB Technology for Life website or contact the RNIB Technology for Life team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0303 123 9999
Vision West of England Sight Loss – drop in
- Trained Sight Loss Advisor offers information, advice and guidance on issues relating to living with sight loss plus demonstrations of a range of daily living aids and Hi-Tech products to help those who are blind or visually impaired live independently.
Yate Library, 3rd Friday of every month 10:30am – 12:30pm. Click here for more information
Employment and learning
- Learn Direct employment and learning advice. Yate Library, Wednesdays by appointment only. Contact 0117 3297744 to book.
- One-to-one sessions with a volunteer, appointment only. Various libraries: contact Filton Library, Patchway Library or Thornbury Library to book.
- Yate Library, 1st Saturday of every month 9:30am to 1pm. Appointment only, provided free by solicitors Bevan Evemy. Contact them directly on 0333 3208600 to make an appointment.
Wills and probate advice
- Yate Library, 1st Thursday of every month 10am – 12. Provided by Wards Solicitors. Drop-in, no appointment needed.
Memory / reminiscence
Sporting Memories: A friendly group meeting monthly to reminisce about the sporting greats and days gone by. Downend Library, monthly on a Friday 11am – 12:30, with free refreshments
Memory Café: A social space for people worried about their memory, who have a diagnosis of dementia or have a family member or friend living with dementia. Carers very welcome. Socialise and share experiences.
- Emersons Green, 2nd Thursday of every month 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Filton Library, 4th Thursday of every month 10:30am to 12 midday
- Bradley Stoke Library: contact Bradley Stoke Library for details
- Filton Library, 3rd Thursday of every month 10am to 12 midday. Come and meet your local advisor for an informal chat
Nail cutting service
- Yate Library, fortnightly on a Tuesday 9am – 1pm. Provided by Age UK South Gloucestershire. Click here for details