Creating links between schools and clubs enabling children and young people to: make the most of their experiences in both settings; try out new sports; feel comfortable in a club setting and, as a result, be more likely to continue participating once they leave school and into adult life whatever their circumstances or abilities, should be able to participate and enjoy physical education and sport.
By working in partnership with School Sports Partnerships, Clubs, County Sports Partnerships, National Governing Bodies of Sport we are committed to increasing the number of children participating in clubs and to increase the number of Sport England Clubmark accredited sports clubs.
The benefits of creating School/Club Links include:
- more young people participating within a club setting and increased club membership
- increased number of coaching opportunities
- providing the opportunity for young people to develop volunteer roles within the club, including coaching/leadership and officiating
- increased accessibility to school facilities
- greater accessibility to funding to further develop the club and its volunteers/coaches
- increased profile within the local community
- increased profile within the sports community.
Many NGBs provide their own packs of information required to create a high quality school/club link. The schools links programme is a fundamental part of the Government’s National School Sport Strategy. Its purpose is to strengthen the links between schools and local sports clubs and increasing the number of children and young people who become members of accredited sports clubs. If your school would like to link with a club/s then please give us a call and we can support you in making contact and creating a strong quality link.Is there anything wrong with this page?