Information for new residents
Welcome to South Gloucestershire
This page contains links to services and organisations that might prove useful for both new and existing residents.
Bin collection and recycling
- To check your bin and recycling collection dates, find a tip/recycling centre and for other waste information see our recycling and waste section
Register to vote
- If you have recently moved it is important to remember to register to vote
Local schools and childcare
- Find out about schools in the area including term dates
- Details of all registered childcare providers and information on the free childcare offer for 2-4 year olds
- Information on local attractions, museums, and tourist information centres
- Library services including information on how to sign up to Open Access which enables access to our libraries outside of staffed hours
- Active in Life provides access to a range of fitness classes and activities
- All our leisure centres are independently operated, we do work in partnership with the Active Centres who have multiple sites across the area: www.activecentres.org
Local health services
- To find your nearest hospital, GP, dentist, pharmacy etc. please see www.nhs.uk and use the ‘services near you’ option
- One You South Gloucestershire is our healthy lifestyles and wellbeing service for adults
- If you, or someone you care for, requires specialist support please see our health and social care section
- You can find out more about what we are up to by following our social media accounts on Twitter and Facebook
- Keep up to date and subscribe to our regular news e-bulletin
- Don’t miss the opportunity to have your say on issues which effect you by subscribing for updates on our consultations
- Find your local Councillor and contact details
- Get involved in local democracy
- Council meetings and election information
- Volunteering in South Gloucestershire
How to contact us
If there is a service you want, a payment to make or a problem to report, you can use our online forms:
If you need to contact us about something else please use the A-Z of services, or the search facility above, to locate the appropriate page as many of our services can be accessed online. Using our website to resolve your enquiry is often quicker and easier.
- If you do need to contact us by telephone, our office hours are:
8.45 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday
8.45 am to 4.30 pm Fridays
At other times your call will be diverted to a service which only deals with emergencies.
If you have concerns about the safety of a child or adult report it to us via phone. During office hours call 01454 866000 for a child, or 01454 868007 for an adult, and out of office hours for both call 01454 615165.
- Our One Stop Shops, all open 8.45am – 5pm Monday to Wednesday, and 8.45am – 4.30pm on Thursday and Friday.
- Our postal address details
Is there anything wrong with this page?