Skip to main content

We are currently experiencing problems with card and online payments via our Capita Pay360 service. We apologise for any inconvenience and will advise once normal service has been restored.

Types of ExtraCare housing and services provided

There are the three types of ExtraCare housing and many different services available to you.

Homes for rent

This is where you pay rent and have a tenancy agreement. All homes provided by a Housing Association have rent that is usually regarded as “affordable” and depending on your income you may qualify for housing benefit to help with your rent.


This is where you would buy your home on a 100% leasehold basis.

Shared ownership

If you are not in a position to buy outright, there may be an option to part buy, part rent your home. This means that you buy some equity in your home, up to 75% and may or may not have to pay rent on the remainder.

Care and support services available

ExtraCare housing is designed to offer older people over the age of 55 a safe and secure environment with 24 hours care & support available on site.


A range of care services available include:

  • personal care and hygiene
  • help with dressing and undressing
  • assistance to get up in the morning and go to bed in the evening
  • assistance with taking medication
  • collection of prescriptions
  • monitoring medication
  • assistance to the dining room for meals in the restaurant or with meal preparation in your own home
  • general monitoring of health and well being
  • hairdresser
  • social activities


The main types of housing support that staff can provide are:

  • general counselling and support
  • assisting to maintain the safety and security of your home
  • assisting with the use of appliances and equipment
  • arranging adaptations and minor repairs to your home
  • providing advice, advocacy and liaison with other professionals
  • arranging for assistance with welfare benefits and personal finances/budgeting
  • advising and assisting you with resettlement if necessary
  • ensuring that there are opportunities for social interaction within the scheme
Is there anything wrong with this page?