ExtraCare housing - what is it?
ExtraCare Housing offers purpose built homes for those over 55 who have care needs. The scheme offers private and secure accommodation with care staff on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
ExtraCare Housing is for people over 55 who:
- may need to leave their home because of life changes or health problems
- have had an assessment and have an identified need for care
- want to stay in control of their life
- want privacy and independence but need some help with day to day living. Residents have their say about how their housing service is managed
- The range of care services includes personal care and hygiene, help with dressing and undressing, assistance to get up in the morning and go to bed in the evening, assistance with taking medication, collecting prescriptions, monitoring medication, assistance with meals in the restaurant or with meal preparation in your own home and general monitoring of health and well being.
Take a virtual tour of an ExtraCare housing scheme.Is there anything wrong with this page?