The Affordable Housing Partnership for the West of England
The West of England is the area covered by the unitary authorities of Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol City, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
HomesWest is a partnership made up of Bath & North East Somerset Council, North Somerset Council, South Gloucestershire Council and Bristol City Council working with 18 housing associations.
HomesWest has been established to deliver new affordable homes across the West of England in 2015-18 and beyond. Partners will work at the West of England level to support increased delivery, engage in regional debate, support housing and planning policy development and develop best practice. Partners will also work at a unitary authority level, to meet local affordable housing priorities.
HomesWest Partners agree to work together to:
Increase the supply of good quality, sustainable, affordable homes in the West of England.
- explore new and innovative routes to the delivery and funding of affordable homes
- maximise the benefits of delivering affordable housing to support wider corporate and organisational priorities
- engage in initiatives at both strategic and local levels to support housing-related policy development and affordable housing delivery
- target the use of funding to meet priority housing needs
- share best practice and seek excellence in strategic partnership working
HomesWest is made up of both smaller, specialist and local housing associations alongside larger, national or regional organisations. For contacts and further details please see the documents alongside.
HomesWest South Gloucestershire
HomesWest South Gloucestershire is the local partnership for South Gloucestershire and is open to any members of HomesWest wishing to deliver new affordable homes in the District.
In the period to 2027 South Gloucestershire faces the challenge of continuing to ensure that planned growth supports our commitment to sustainable communities. Our Core Strategy sets out the quantum of new homes, a total of 28,355 in the period 2006-2027, which includes 35% affordable.
Our HomesWest South Gloucestershire Partners will:
- deliver the Core Strategy affordable housing projected completions
- maximise opportunities to pull in other funding
- deliver mixed tenure ExtraCare Housing to meet targets
- deliver rural S106 and exception sites
- be prepared to engage with custom build and other specialist delivery programmes
- be prepared to explore RP-led development for both affordable and market homes (where these directly support the delivery of additional affordable homes)
- be prepared to seek opportunities and explore the delivery of additional affordable housing both on S106 sites and through other opportunities
In addition we will work with our HomesWest partners to maximise the benefits that investment in affordable housing brings and work with them to achieve our vision and ambitions for housing in South Gloucestershire which we have set out in our Housing Strategy.Is there anything wrong with this page?