Skip to main content

Coronavirus: latest information on our response, updates on our services and what support is available

The ‘report a problem with a streetlight’ online form is unavailable until 10 July 2020 due to essential maintenance.

Online planning, building control and licensing services will be unavailable 13 July 2020 between 8am and 4pm due to essential maintenance.

How you can prepare for flooding

If flooding occurs the council has obligations to maintain the highways and provide certain services. The council does not have a duty to provide flood protection for residents or businesses – this is the responsibility of you, the homeowner, the landlord, or the business owner. However, where we can, council staff will try to help by providing sandbags to residents. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee the delivery of sandbags as we may be involved in making higher priority flood defences elsewhere. Also, it is important to remember that sandbags do not necessarily offer the best protection for homes; for the best protection to be obtained they must be carefully laid beforehand and often, there is too little time to do this effectively.  Your responsibilities:

Is there anything wrong with this page?