Skip to main content

Coronavirus (Covid-19): service updates, support and health advice.

Missing persons

In all missing persons cases it is advised that you first contact the police and file a missing persons report, listen to the police advice given and act accordingly.​

Every situation is different and there are no set rules about when someone should be considered missing. If in doubt about whether to contact the police to formally report a missing person with care needs contact the council or the police who will discuss this with the parents, carers or concerned adults and advise about what to do.

The police are frequent partners of the council in managing ‘missing’ episodes and it is, therefore, important that staff in both agencies work together.

If you wish to report a missing person to the police call 101.

Is there anything wrong with this page?