South Gloucestershire Award
The South Gloucestershire Award is aimed at young people aged 11-25. This award allows you to gain recognition for the skills you develop through the activities you take part in at your youth centre or with your FYPS worker. There are three sections you can achieve an award in, these are Skills, Personal Development and Issue Based Learning. To achieve the full South Gloucestershire Award you need to complete all three sections.
Why do a South Gloucestershire Award?
- It recognises and rewards your achievements
- Help you develop a range of skills
- It looks good on your CV
How long will the South Gloucestershire Award take?
There are three sections you can achieve an award in; Skills, Personal Development and Issue Based Learning. Each section requires you to do 10 hours of activities. To achieve the full award you will need to complete all three sections which will take a total of 30 hours. The length of time it will take to complete the award will depend on how many sections you do and how long you spend on them each week.
What is involved?
- Complete the registration form
- Fill in the plan on the Award Form for the sections you are doing
- Take part in 10 hours of activities for each section you are doing and keep evidence
- There are a wide range of activities you can take part in to achieve this award. Some examples include organising a pool competition, learning to play football, taking part in DJing workshops, designing a poster and deciding as a group where to go for your next youth club trip.
- Fill in the evaluation on the Award Form for the sections you are doing
- Submit all your work and receive your certificate
If you want to participate or find out more information please contact your local youth centre directly or if you have one speak to your FYPS Worker or email the Youth Accreditation Coordinator at email@example.com. Contact information can be found on the individual youth centre pages.Is there anything wrong with this page?