Garden waste sacks
For £2.20 you can buy a single use garden waste sack.
The sacks can be purchased from our libraries during staffed hours. Please note that library opening times changed in October 2017 – check the staffed opening times of libraries before setting out. The sacks can also be purchased from Country Stores at 48 High Street Marshfield SN14 8LP.
The price includes collection from your home.
How the service works
- Once you have purchased your sack you will need to book a collection. The sack will be collected on the same day as your black bin collection by the garden waste collection vehicle. Find your collection day.
- Please note: allow 48 hours from booking to register with our collection crews
- If you need the sack to be collected from your door, you can request an assisted collection. If you already have this service then your sack will be collected from your agreed collection point
- Fill the sack up to the fill line and store under cover if possible until the collection day
- If you have registered for a collection and your sack is not collected let us know
About the sacks
- They are single use sacks
- We can only collect garden waste in authorised and booked sacks
- They are made from durable paper that is composted with the garden waste
- They hold up to 75 litres of garden waste
- This type of sack is used by other authorities and has proved to be a useful way for residents to recycle their garden waste
What you can put in the garden waste sack
Only household garden waste may be placed in the sacks. This may include grass cuttings, leaves, weeds, hedge trimmings, plant prunings, twigs and small branches (no larger than the width of your wrist), old or used compost, pet bedding – rabbit and rodent only.
Please do not use the sacks for:
- Japanese knotweed or garden waste with signs of ash dieback disease
- large logs, tree stumps or treated wood from sheds, fences etc.
- cardboard or paper – use your weekly recycling collection
- food, fruit and vegetable peelings, egg shells, tea bags etc. – use your weekly food recycling collection
- pet waste (other than rodent or rabbit bedding), including bird/poultry, dog or cat waste or cat litter
- soil – you can take a limited amount to the Sort It recycling centres free of charge.
- rubble or hardcore – you can take a limited amount to the Sort It recycling centres free of charge.
- Waste produced by a business or any commercial activity
There are no concessions available for the garden waste sack service.Is there anything wrong with this page?