Garden waste green bin
You can take out an annual subscription to have your garden waste collected in a green bin. This will be collected every two weeks.
The cost for an annual subscription is £30 per year. Make sure you read the terms and conditions of the service before you subscribe.
Renew your subscription
Apply for a subscription
Other ways to subscribe
- over the phone 01454 868000
- in person One Stop Shops
Cash payments for the annual garden waste collection service will not be accepted.
We no longer accept new direct debit forms as a way of paying for your garden waste subscription. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have already signed up for a direct debit you do not need to take any action, we will continue to take your payment from your bank.
If you receive Income Support, Pension Credit Guarantee Credit, Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance, Income-based Employment and Support Allowance or, if you are not working and receiving Universal Credit you are entitled to a 50% reduction in the annual charge. In exceptional circumstances further support will also be available. Proof of support is required.
How the service works
- The subscription covers the collection of one green bin of up to 240 litres every two weeks
- The bin must only contain household garden waste. If it contains the wrong items, your bin will not be emptied. Find out what you can put in your green bin.
- If you already have a green bin supplied by us, you can use this for the service, but it will not be emptied unless you subscribe
- Once you have subscribed it can take up to five working days to register your details with our collection crews
- Put your house number or name on the front of the bin or under the lid to help our collection crews make sure they are emptying the right bin.
- You can share your subscription with a neighbour, or form a group if you live in a block of flats, but one person will have to be registered and responsible for the payment and the shared bin has to be put out for collection at the subscribed address
- If you have subscribed and presented your bin correctly, but your bin has not been emptied let us know
- If you need your bin to be emptied from your door, you can request an assisted collection. If you already have this service then it will continue when you subscribe.
Renewing or cancelling
- Make a note of the date of the end of your subscription so you know when to renew it. We send out renewal reminders a month before your subscription expires. However, as we cannot guarantee that you will receive the reminder, renewing your subscription is your responsibility. We cannot offer any compensation if you do not renew the subscription before the expiry date.
- We cannot offer refunds, however if you move home within South Gloucestershire we can transfer the service to your new address.
- Following the death of a relative we will refund the remaining duration of the subscription
Replacing your garden waste bin
If you have subscribed to the garden waste collection service and your green bin is damaged or missing you can order a replacement.
Garden waste sacks
If you do not need a fortnightly green bin collection, you can arrange a one-off sack collection for garden waste.Is there anything wrong with this page?