Strategic development locations
Final decisions on the scale and location of housing and employment growth will be confirmed through the West of England Joint Spatial Plan, (JSP) outlined above. However, we need to ensure that our local planning policies within South Gloucestershire are developed alongside the JSP process, to ensure there is the shortest possible gap between the JSP and local policies.
With this in mind, we undertook some engagement in September and October 2017 when we held a number of events in relation to the Strategic Development Locations (SDLs). The exhibition material and FAQs for each event are available to view below.
- Charfield: 20 September at Charfield Memorial Hall.
- Coalpit Heath: 22 September at Coalpit Heath Village Hall/Miners Institute.
- Thornbury: 29 September at Armstrong Hall
- Yate and Chipping Sodbury: 4 October at Sodbury Town Hall
- Buckover Garden Village: 6 October at Falfield Village Hall
A report presented in a series of sections prepared by Design Action who supported the council during the exhibition events has now been published. These can be found below:
Report of the autumn 2017 Strategic Development Location events
- Introduction and Context
- 2A: Charfield Event
- 2B: Coalpit Heath Event
- 2C: Thornbury Event
- 2D: Chipping Sodbury Event
- 2E: Yate Event
- 2F: Buckover Garden Village Event
- General Conclusions + Next Steps
- Appendix: Additional Representations
Report on Joint Spatial Plan SDLs Routes to Zero Carbon Study January 2018
Joint Spatial Plan SDLs: Routes to Zero Carbon Study (Jan 18) produced by RegenSW for the 4 West of England Authorities tests the ability of the new strategic development locations to meet zero carbon energy objectives.Is there anything wrong with this page?