Other planning guidance documents
Other planning guidance includes supplementary planning guidance (SPG), design guides and development briefs.
Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
A list of SPGs that have been adopted by the council is set out in Appendix 4 of the local development scheme 2007-2009. Due to their age most SPGs are only available in hard copy – please contact us for further information.
- biodiversity and planning process
- planning and the Forest of Avon
- sustainable drainage systems
- trees on development sites
- waste audits
Technical Advice Notes (TANs)
The council have updated the Heritage Technical Advice Note and the Amenity and Living Conditions Technical Advice Note. The most recent versions of these documents can be found here:
- Technical Advice Note: Understanding Heritage Assets (June 2016)
- Technical Advice Note: Heritage Statements (September 2018)
- Technical Advice Note: Written Scheme of Investigation for Archeaology (May 2015)
- Technical Advice Note: Assessing Residential Amenity (June 2016)
Village Design Statements
The council has endorsed the following village design statements prepared by local communities
The council has adopted the Golden Valley Mill, Bitton concept statement.
- West of England planning toolkit
- West of England Technical guidance: Councillor Involvement in large scale and complex planning applications
The four West of England authorities and the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) have jointly published this toolkit to promote a more positive and consistent approach to handling large scale and complex development proposals – one where the authorities, developers and stakeholders work together to deliver high quality planning applications and effective decision taking. It has been produced because a streamlined and collaborative planning system is key to securing the investment needed to protect and enhance the environment and enable sustainable economic growth
A guide to the design of informal home zones in new development
- Guidance on Rural Affordable Housing Exception Sites
- Guidance for developers on household waste and recycling storage requirements
The West of England’s Planning, Housing and Communities Board has ratified the following guide:
The Council has endorsed the Patchway Town Centre Vision:Is there anything wrong with this page?