Skip to main content

Types of building regulations

There are two ways in which you can give notice of your intention to carry out building work. These are known as a full plans or building notice application.

A full plans application involves providing detailed plans and specifications for the work.

The building notice procedure involves giving details on a building notice form and providing a block plan.

If you have carried out work without obtaining building regulations approval you can apply for a regularisation certificate. This is similar to submitting full plans, but takes place after the building work has been done. Without approval we may prosecute. However, this is not something we like to do and is usually the last option we consider.

Is there anything wrong with this page?