About building control
The building control process exists to make sure that buildings are properly designed and constructed.
This is to ensure the health, safety, welfare and convenience of people using them.
We offer a professional, efficient and responsive service for all our customers from small domestic extensions to large multi-million pound developments. Our team is run by experienced and highly qualified surveyors. At the beginning of your project we will assign you a dedicated project manager to discuss your requirements and look at options like fast-track or staged approvals and short-notice site inspections.
Services to support you:
- free pre-application advice. Call us for an informal discussion or arrange a pre-commencement site visit
- very competitive rates for building regulation applications
- applications can be made over the phone, you may then be able to start work immediately
- warranties available on all types of building work through the Local Authority Building Control scheme
- friendly, non-bureaucratic, practical, expert advice
- as a member of Local Authority Building Control, we can partner with other local councils to offer a nationwide service.
We also have a Customer Care Charter which sets out how we operate our service fairly, timely, consistently and achieves our aim of promoting the safety, accessibility and sustainability of buildings. We also welcome feedback to help us monitor and improve our service.Is there anything wrong with this page?