Alternative education provision
South Gloucestershire Council – Alternative education providers catalogue
South Gloucestershire Council has established this catalogue of recognised alternative education providers via a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) under the light touch regime.
Together, they provide a framework for schools and the council to support meeting the needs of children and young people with additional social and emotional needs who:
- are permanently excluded from school
- are excluded from school on a fixed term basis
- are at risk of disengaging from mainstream education
- require additional support during a negotiated transfer between mainstream schools
- or otherwise require alternative education provision to meet their educational entitlement, for instance in line with an Education, Health and Care Plan.
The aim of this single point document is to strengthen and improve alternative education accessibility of providers who, deliver high quality, effective, efficient and economical services for young people whose needs are diverse and wide ranging. This will improve engagement with the market of alternative education providers, supporting innovation, sustainability of providers and improved provision.
The organisations included have undergone a rigorous quality assurance process, ensuring a minimum standard has been met. The Providers have demonstrated their expertise and capacity to provide alternative provision services.
The catalogue will be reviewed annually. Further procurement processes can take place based on the development of the market and the needs of the local authority to include new providers in the catalogue. Providers who fail to maintain standards in the meantime will be removed.Is there anything wrong with this page?