Schools statutory guidance
The Department for Education Statutory guidance sets out what schools and local authorities must do to comply with the law. The guidance should be followed unless there is very good reason not to. There is some guidance that you must follow without exception. In these cases it is made clear in the guidance document itself.
A full list of the Department for Education’s statutory guidance publications can be found here:
- Administration and finance
- Behaviour and attendance
- Early years foundation stage
- Involving parents and pupils
- Looked-after children
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Special educational / health needs
- Staff employment and teachers pay
- 16 to 19 education and work experience
The Department for Education departmental advice
Departmental advice helps schools and local authorities understand how to comply with the law. There is no legal requirement to follow the advice, but it explains what government policies mean in practice.Is there anything wrong with this page?