Free School Meals
You can apply for Free School Meals for your child using the button below:
School Meals – Menu
Please contact your school office for menu details.
Frequently asked questions about school meals
Do you support local produce?
We provide some local produce in our school meals, this helps support the local community and also cuts down on food miles. The following produce is sourced from within a 40 mile radius of South Gloucestershire:
- Potatoes and carrots from Duchy Home Farm – Tetbury, Gloucester
- Fresh Beef and Pork from Ensors – Cinderford
- Poultry from Freemans of Newent – Usk Vale Poultry – Monmouthshire
- Eggs from Manor Farm – Burnett
- Cheese from Alvis Bros – Lye Cross Farm – Redhill, Bristol
- Marshfield Biscuits from Marshfield Bakery – Marshfield Nr Chippenham
- Ice Cream from Marshfield Farm – Marshfield Nr Chippenham
We support farmers markets in the local area, helping to create sustainability for the local community.
Do you provide tasting sessions?
We provide ‘tasting sessions’ for parents and carers at schools, giving you the opportunity to try for yourself dishes from our menu and answer any of your questions. We invite the senior citizens of the local community into lunch with primary school students, working towards the ‘whole school’ approach.
Do you support recycling?
The service is accredited with ISO14001 for its Environmental Management System. We recycle where possible cooking oil, paper, tins and vegetable waste for compost.
What is the cost of school meals?
All infant pupils are offered lunches free of charge.
The price of school meals to be effective from the commencement of the 2015/16 academic year will be:
- Primary School Pupils and Special School Primary-aged Pupils £2.10
- Special School Secondary-aged Pupils £2.35
- Adult meals £2.35 (plus VAT where appropriate)
For schools that serve fruit, tuck or toast, the prices will remain at 15p and 10p per portion respectively.
Is the food freshly prepared?
- at least 75% of food for life served here menus is freshly prepared from scratch or on site or in a local kitchen
- all of our meat is Red Tractor farm assured
- our food is free from additives like aspartame and MSG
- we use a range of organic ingredients supporting a system which works with nature
- menus are designed to make the best use of seasonal ingredients.