School clothing grants
In exceptional circumstances families may be eligible for an essential school clothing grant.
To be eligible you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Universal Credit and not working
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
And in addition one of the following conditions must apply (evidence required):
- You have been affected by a fire, theft or flood
- Homeless families – for example parent leaving home due to domestic violence
- Medical condition – for example obesity, extreme growth, child with enuresis or soiling problem
- Bereavement – loss of a parent
- Conditions of extreme poverty – such as situations where families are at risk of being made homeless, high debts etc.
- Reconstituted families – for example, where a child returns to live with one parent having lived with the other and financial difficulties arise (child may arrive with no clothing)
- Move of school due to supported transfer following PRRP process (Permanently Excluded Pupil)
If you wish to make enquiries about an essential clothing grant please telephone on 01454 868008: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm.Is there anything wrong with this page?