Consultation on admission arrangements 2023/2024
We are consulting on the following proposed schemes for school admissions:
- Coordinated Admissions Scheme (Primary admissions)
- Coordinated Admissions Scheme (Secondary admissions)
- Determined Oversubscription Criteria
- In Year Admissions Scheme
- Relevant Area 2023/2024 and 2024/2025
While there are no substantive changes to the oversubscription criteria, the coordinated admission scheme, the in-year admission arrangements or the relevant area, there are proposed changes to some published admission numbers (PAN) as shown in the section below.
You can send your comments on these proposals to us by email to Charlotte.Johnston@southglos.gov.uk or by post to:
Admissions and Transport Manager
Department for Children, Adults and Health
PO Box 1955
The closing date for responses is 28 January 2022.
All responses to the consultations will be included in our annual report on admission arrangements and considered by the Council’s Cabinet in March 2022. Any changes will be published in the Admission to Schools guide in September 2022.
Proposed changes to published admission numbers
The following schools have a proposed change to their published admission number from 1 September 2023.
- Barley Close Primary: decrease from 60 to 30
- Bowsland Green Primary: decrease from 45 to 30
- Frenchay CE Primary: increase from 20 to 30
- Trinity CE Primary: decrease from 20 to 15
You can view the PAN consultations on our consultations webpage.
The consultations to change the PAN at Barley Close Primary, Bowsland Green Primary and Trinity CE Primary run between 2 November and 7 December 2021. The admission number will apply to new applications received for first admission in September 2023 and age through these schools over a period of 7 years.
The consultations to change the PAN at Frenchay CE Primary run between 15 December 2021 and 28 January 2022. It will apply to new applications received for first admission to the Reception class and across the existing year groups from September 2023.
Details of all proposals have been shared with:
- parents or carers of children on roll at Barley Close Primary, Bowsland Green Primary, Frenchay CE Primary and Trinity CE primary schools
- parents or carers of children attending local pre-school provision
- other interested parties via social media and our website
- other admission authorities operating within South Gloucestershire
- the Diocesan Authorities
- adjoining authorities with an interest in the proposal