Skip to main content

Coronavirus: latest information on our response, updates on our services and what support is available

Atypical admissions to university technical college and studio schools (Year 10 admissions)

What is a university technical college (UTC)?

UTCs are set up by universities and businesses and specialise in one or two technical subjects. At GCSE they offer a similar curriculum to a typical 11-18 secondary schools, including the basics of English and maths, as well as their specialist subject.

What is a studio school?

Studio schools are similar to UTCs in that they have employer involvement in the curriculum and focus on developing the skills needed for employment, involving personal coaching and work experience, alongside a similar curriculum to a typical 11-18 secondary.

How do I apply for a place?

If you decide that you would like to apply for a place at any of these schools, you will need to complete an application form. You will need to apply using our online application form. Alternatively, you may complete a paper copy of the common application form which is available from the Admissions and Transport Team, South Gloucestershire Council. Email or telephone the Children’s Information Service on 01454 868008.

Is there anything wrong with this page?