One Stop Shop clinics and surgeries
Our One Stop Shop offices have all reopened. In order to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, face coverings must be worn when entering our buildings (unless you are exempt). The number of people will be restricted at each site and available seating has been reduced.
You can visit any One Stop Shop to be seen by a member of our staff. Alternatively you can contact us to book an appointment in advance.
Follow the guidance on safe distancing when waiting to be seen and during your appointment.
As well as our drop in service we also offer the following clinics and surgeries.
Housing advice surgeries
The council’s HomeChoice team provide a housing advice service to people, who are homeless, or threatened with homelessness. They offer advice and information to help you keep, or find a home. They can help you deal with issues including possible eviction, arrears, debt and repair. They can also offer advice to people who are threatened with harassment, or violence and cannot remain in their home. If you are a home owner, they can offer advice if you are in mortgage arrears, or you are threatened with repossession.
The team are available at the following locations/times:
- Kingswood One Stop Shop: every Monday – Friday 9am – 3pm
- Yate One Stop Shop: every Tuesday 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Patchway One Stop Shop: every Wednesday 9.30am – 12.30pm
Customers will be seen on a first come first service basis.
If you have any questions about the service, please telephone 01454 868005 to speak to a housing advisor.
Registrar (by appointment only)
Superintendent Registrar, Notices of Marriage/Civil Partnership and ceremonies (by appointment only)
Kingswood Civic Centre: Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
Registrar of Births and Deaths (by appointment only)
- Kingswood Civic Centre: Tuesday and Thursday 9.30am to 1pm and 1.45pm to 3.45pm
- Yate One Stop Shop: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9.30am to 1pm and 1.45pm to 3.45pm
North Bristol Advice – can advise on Welfare Benefits. Customers should bring proof of income and any paperwork related to the matter they would like to discuss.
- Patchway One Stop Shop Mondays 10am to 12 midday*
- Kingswood One Stop Shop Wednesdays 9.30am to 12 midday*
* From 1 April 2017 the North Bristol Advice service is by appointment only. Alternatively advice can be provided by telephone or online. Please call 0117 9515751 or visit www.northbristoladvice.org.uk
Talking Money – provide free independent debt advice, energy advice and financial education.
- Kingswood One Stop Shop every Thursday 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Yate One Stop Shop every Thursday 2pm to 4pm
Customers will be seen on a first come, first service basisIs there anything wrong with this page?