Skip to main content

Get ready for Brexit. Information on how we are preparing for Brexit in South Gloucestershire.

Report breaches of planning

Please contact us if you wish to complain about work that you think breaches planning control.

If you are complaining about a breach of planning control regulations please provide us with as much information as possible. You will need to give your name and address as we cannot investigate anonymous complaints. However, any concerns will be dealt with in strict confidence.
You can contact us:
By telephone or by email.
Online: our on-line form will take you through logging a complaint. The information you provide will be sent directly to us.
By letter: download a copy of the complaint form and email or send the form to us.
In person: You can call into our Kingswood offices at any time during office hours.

What you can expect

  • we will acknowledge a complaint within three working days
  • we will provide a full response within 20 working days. If it is necessary to visit a site this will be done within 10 working days
  • if we find that planning laws have been breached but can be corrected we will ask the owner or occupier of the land to do so. For example, if a planning application has not been made we will ask for a formal application to be made. The application would still be subject to consultation with others
  • if we require further information before a decision can be made, we will ask for this information to be provided within 28 days
  • if enforcement action is necessary, we will issue a formal notice explaining what you must do. This will be issued within 20 working days of the decision being made. If no further action is needed, either because a minor or insignificant breach has occurred, or there is insufficient evidence to pursue the matter, we will advise you of this
  • where complaints are not resolved straight away we will keep you informed of the progress at no less than 6 weekly intervals
Is there anything wrong with this page?