Skip to main content

Our complaints process for children, adults and health

Social care services are about providing care and support to people in our area who need to help them keep their dignity and independence. We assess peoples’ need for care and support and identify what support is needed and who will provide it. We also have a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in our area.

We welcome your feedback about our services and those we commission, bad or good, so that we can improve these for the future. There are different statutory procedures which apply to complaints about adult social care and public health complaints and children’s social care.

Complaints which don’t fall under these procedures are considered under the council’s own complaints procedure.

Where a complaint cuts across different complaints procedures (or even where it also relates to different organisations we work with) we will agree with you the best way of investigating your complaint. If you wish to talk with us about your complaint then you can contact us.

You can find out more by reading our factsheet Your Feedback Counts (CCH82), which includes a copy of our feedback form.

Is there anything wrong with this page?