Skip to main content

Report an unauthorised Traveller encampment

If you want to report an unauthorised encampment, please contact us. We will need to know:

  • where the encampment is (please be as clear as you can about the location)
  • how many caravans are involved
  • what your enquiry or complaint is

What we will do

Private land

If the encampment is on private land, it is the landowners responsibility to remove it. Our Traveller Unit can offer practical advice if requested.

Council-owned land

When a report of an encampment is received, we will visit the site to assess it and its occupants. Where appropriate, we may ask the police to assist in its removal. We will continue to negotiate with the Travellers to encourage a prompt departure but if negotiation is not successful, we will seek a removal order from the Court.

Is there anything wrong with this page?