Skip to main content

Coronavirus (Covid-19): service updates, support and health advice.

Street trading application process

You mustĀ get consent to trade in areas that are open to the general public like car parks, parks and other open spaces. Street trading is the selling of or offering to sell things in the street. It includes food like burgers, kebabs and doughnuts as well as other things like jewellery, face-painting, hair-braiding etc. If you want to trade you must get consent to do so.

How to apply

You will need to contact the licensing team by email or by calling 01454 868001.


When we receive your application, the current consultees are stated in the policy and various team will be consulted. These include:

  • The Highways Authority
  • Avon and Somerset Constabulary
  • The Home Office
  • Avon Fire Brigade
  • Internal council departments
  • South Gloucestershire Council ward members
  • The appropriate parish or town council
  • The land owner – if the site is on private land
  • property occupiers within 100 metresĀ of the proposed site

If any objections are received, the application will be referred to a Council Licensing Sub Committee. Otherwise, we will issue you with a consent. We have a list of associated fees.

Is there anything wrong with this page?