Skip to main content

Get ready for Brexit. Information on how we are preparing for Brexit in South Gloucestershire.

Street collections

If you want to collect money or sell things in a public place for the benefit of charity, then you must hold a street collection permit.


It’s not just ‘streets’ that are covered – you’ll need a permit if you collect money in public areas, eg a shop doorway or car park.


You don’t need a street collection permit if you’re selling or collecting as part of a business.

Fines and penalties

You could be fined £200 if you collect money for charity without a permit.

If you wish to apply and/or require further information on street collection licences, please visit the Street Collections page.

Is there anything wrong with this page?