Water cooled ventilation systems can be hazardous because they generate fine water droplets that can be carried in air currents.
As they are often located on roofs of large buildings they have the potential to spread water droplets and any Legionella bacteria over a wide area.
In the event of such an outbreak, it is useful to know where these systems are located to provide a starting point for an investigation and allow the most likely sources to be checked quickly. Therefore, there is a legal requirement for those who have responsibility for air cooling towers and evaporative condensers to provide their local council with certain information.
Register of air cooling towers and evaporative condensers
- Amcor Flexibles Winterbourne Ltd, Winterbourne Road, Bradley Stoke
- DHL, Sainsburys Distribution, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green
- Everything Everywhere, Bristol Distribution Park, Hawkley Drive, Bradley Stoke
- Greencore, Unit 4, Bristol Distribution Park, Hawkley Drive, Bradley Stoke
- Galbox Ltd, inside Indesit Company UK Limited – Station Road, Yate, BS37 5HR
- Lidl UK GmbH, Central Park, Western Approach Distribution Park, Severn Beach
- National Grid Avonmouth LNG Storage – Severn Road, Hallen
- Rolls Royce plc PO Box 3, Gipsy Patch Lane, Filton, BS34 7QE
- Sharpak Yate Ltd, Ridge Factory, Highway, Yate, BS37 7AA
- Tesco Distribution Centre, Avonmouth DC, Lanson Roberts Road, Severn Beach BS35 4BR
- Tulip Fresh Meats Ltd, Oakley Green, Westerleigh, BS37 8QZ