Skip to main content

Our council tax (01454 868003) and benefits (01454 868002) telephone lines are currently unavailable. Please call 01454 868009 instead and you will be redirected to the correct service area. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will let you know once this has been resolved.

Farming - feed hygiene

The Feed (Hygiene and Enforcement) Regulations 2005 require registration with the local authority of all businesses that make, use or market animal feeds (including farms but excluding pet food retailers)

This includes;

  • livestock farms
  • arable farms growing crops for feed use
  • companies that transport or store animal feed
  • food manufacturers selling by-products of food production into the feed chain
  • retailers and wholesalers of animal feed (excluding pet food)
  • pharmacists who supply mineral and vitamin supplements for animals

Businesses involved in the production, use, transportation, storage or marketing of animal feeds must be registered or approved by trading standards or another appropriate agency.

Is there anything wrong with this page?