Skip to main content

Due to essential maintenance our online forms and Public Access (online planning applications) service will be unavailable Saturday 22 June 2019 between approximately 9am and 1pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Farming - animal feedstuffs

If you mix certain feedstuffs on your own farm or you use contractors to mix feedstuffs on your farm you need to register your premises.

This includes:

  • feedstuffs containing prescription-only medicine
  • feedstuffs containing growth promoters, coccidiostats and other substances usually known as PML medicines or Zootechnical products
  • feeding stuffs which contain pre-mixtures, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, trace elements, carotenoids, micro-organisms and certain anti-oxidants or have these as additives. This may include feed mixtures for dairy cattle in a mixer wagon such as a Keenan Wagon.

If you make feed containing prescription-only or PML medicines you need to register with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. You can contact it at:

Animal Medicines Division
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
1 Lambeth High Street

You will be charged for registering with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
For all other feed you need to register with us. You do not have to re-register each year.

Is there anything wrong with this page?