Car sharing is when two or more people travel together in the same car for all or part of the trip.
The benefits of car sharing
- saving money – the average person can save £1000 per year
- pride (at reducing your impact on the environment)
- meeting new people – find your match with the TravelWest car share service – https://travelwest.info/drive/car-sharing
- saving time – you can save time if you use the 2+ lanes
- giving employees and employers increased transport options
Where you can get more information
Visit https://travelwest.info/drive/car-sharing – where you can find help with finding a car sharing match within the West of England area.
Travel plans and car sharing
Car-sharing is one of a number of practical measures that can be promoted as part of an organisation’s travel plan.
- help staff find a car-share partner by setting up a car share scheme – details are available at https://travelwest.info/drive/car-sharing
- provide priority car-share parking bays
- provide a guaranteed taxi ride home for car sharers
- host a ‘travel roadshow’ to raise awareness of car-sharing
- provide incentives to car share, for example guaranteed on-site parking or car share breakfasts